Brighton Elementary School Success Compact 2014-2015
The mission of Brighton Elementary School is to provide opportunities for children to learn, achieve, and succeed in a safe and caring environment.
The purpose of the compact is to help ensure your child has the most successful school year possible. The teacher, student, parent, and administration must work together. Join your
child and Brighton Elementary by agreeing to help make this a successful year. .
I want my child to achieve. Therefore I will encourage him/her by doing the following:
• Build a partnership to help my child achieve the state’s high standards
• See that my child is at school on time (7:45 am) and attends regularly
• Send a note to school when my child is absent or tardy stating the reason
• Sign my child’s papers or folders
• Participate in decisions related to my child’s education (Ex. Homework, parent-teacher conferences, school events, etc.)
• Share in responsibility for improved student academic achievements
• Use before and after school time positively (Ex. Read with my child and let my child see me read, monitor my child’s television and technical related media such as video games, and computer)
Parent /Guardian Agreement ___________________________________
(Any adult who is interested in helping this student may sign.)
It is important that I work to the best of my ability. I will strive to do the following:
• Attend school regularly
• Obey school rules and accept responsibility for my actions
• Maintain a cooperative, respectful, and courteous attitude toward teachers and classmates
• Bring necessary materials and supplies
• Do my best at all times
Student Agreement __________________________________
It is important that students achieve. I will strive to do the following:
• Demonstrate professional behavior and a positive attitude
• Provide a safe environment conducive to learning
• Maintain fair and consistent classroom management
• Provide a high quality curriculum and instruction in a supportive and effective learning environment.
• Address the importance of communication between teachers and parents on an on-going basis (Ex. Parent-teacher conferences, weekly newsletters, emails, phone calls, progress reports, reasonable access to parents, provide opportunities for parents to volunteer and participate in their child’s class, provide opportunities for parents to
observe classroom activities)
Teacher Agreement _____________________________________
We support this form of parental involvement. We promise to do everything possible to help ensure that all responsibilities listed will be implemented. It is our desire as administrators to provide a positive and challenging school environment for all students. We agree to work on a daily basis to give appropriate support to all students, parents, and staff members. We will strive to be reasonably accessible to parents.
Administrator Agreement _____________________